Wednesday, March 30, 2011

More Tsunami Letters


March 11, 2011

********
Dear Me,

   My class couldn't go to the whale watching field trip.  All the beaches are closed.  I will tell you why they are all closed.
   There was an earthquake in the ocean floor.  The earthquake happened in Japan.  I saw it on the news and was surprised.  I was glad we didn't go.
   It was a tsunami.  Mud slides, broken homes, and mass destruction.  People have to go to high ground to stay safe.  I saw pictures of destruction Ms. A.  put for the class from her computer.
   The destructions were so horrible I feel so sorry for those people.  People died, houses flooded, and buildings were destroyed.  Even a bridge with cars on it were destroyed.
   I'm so glad my class didn't go whale watching.  Yet I still feel upset, but hey I'm not complaining.  I also feel sorry for those people who died, but that's life.

Love,
Alan

******

Dear Me,

     We didn't go on our field trip.  We didn't go on the field trip because of a tsunami.  The tsunami was in Japan.
     There were plates crashing into each other in Japan.  It made an earthquake in Japan that was 8.9.  It happened on March 11, 2011 in the afternoon.  The lights were flashing and some turned off.
     The earthquake made a big big tsunami.  The tsunami killed kids and parents.  There were mudslides and it flood villages, farms, buildings, and houses.  People in Japan lost everything.  Some people alerted Hawaii.  They evacuated Hawaians to higher ground.
     I feel sad for the Japanese people and my class.  I feel sad for the Japanese because of what happened.  I feel sad for us because we couldn't go on our whale watching trip.

Yourself,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment