Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Miss Fluffy Diaperhiney

Almost every kid in my class read one of the Captain Underpants books this year. At first it made me a little uncomfortable--book covers with the main character in underwear, titles like "Attack of the Talking Toilets" --I didn't know what to think, but it got my kids to read, so fine. Captain Underpants got to stay in my room.

One of the books ( Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants) has a silly name generator. You take the first letter of your first name, and then the first and last letters of your last name, and you use a chart to determine your "Captain Underpants" name.

My name is Fluffy Diaperhiney.

When the kids figured out my Captain Underpants name, they couldn't resist. "Your name is Fluffy Diaperhiney!" A little put off, I corrected them--"That's MISS Fluffy Diaperhiney, you guys."

We made a deal. They could call me Ms. Fluffy Diaperhiney as long as it stayed in the classroom. We added this to my other secret name, which is Ms. Armadillo. My kids love sharing this secret, and I'm happy it came from a chapter book. Even if it's a book about a grumpy principal who becomes an underwearing superhero, I'm all for it.

I checked online to see if I could find the Captain Underpants name generator. This time I found a different version. In this new version, my name is Zippy Banananose.

I think Fluffy Diaperhiney suits me a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment